With the new school year starting in just a few weeks, the Marion School District is urging qualifying families to sign up for the service as soon as possible.
Families can apply for free and reduced-price meals for the 2023-24 school year by visiting https://www.msd3.org/page/child-nutrition and filling out the online application or downloading the paper application. Applications are also available at any school and at the district’s Central Office. Only one application per household is required. Income eligibility guidelines are available at the website above.
The benefits of the free and reduced-price meal program extend beyond school meals. Additional benefits for qualifying families include:
- Discounted Internet service
- Discounts on ACT testing fees for juniors and seniors
- Discounts on application fees from participating colleges
- Weekly food bags from our school pantry (for families of enrolled students)
- Discounted price for after-school care from the Boys & Girls Club
Currently, the district is experiencing food costs at record levels. To help offset some of these costs, lunch prices will increase for the 2023-24 school year. Breakfast will be available to all students at no charge.
Paid meal costs for the 2023-24 school year will be as follows:
- Student breakfast: no charge
- Elementary lunch: $3.25 (PreK-6th grade)
- Secondary lunch: $4.00 (Grades 7-12)
- Adult breakfast: $2.70
- Adult lunch: $4.70
Reduced meal costs for the 2023-24 school year will be as follows:
- Breakfast (K-12): no charge
- Lunch (K-12): $0.40
For assistance completing the application or for questions, please contact the Child Nutrition office at 870-739-5100.