The fall sports season is heading into high gear, and the Marion School District is reminding fans to abide by the district’s guidelines for attendance at athletic events.
“We love having fans come out to sporting events to cheer on our Patriots,” said Marion Athletic Director Derek Harrell. “But we also want to make sure everyone does so safely. We are committed to promoting sportsmanship, integrity, and ethics at all of our events. That’s why we have created a set of guidelines for folks attending events.”
Anyone attending Patriot sporting events is asked to abide by the following guidelines:
- Preschool children and students in grades K-6 will not be allowed to attend games without adult (beyond high school age) supervision. Students in grades 7-12 must have a school ID to attend games. Students without an ID will be denied entry into the game.
- Parents are responsible for their children; please keep small children with you.
- Good sportsmanship should be displayed at all times. “Booing,” cursing, and/or offensive language or gestures are not allowed.
- Students choosing to leave the event will not be allowed to re-enter.
- Students are not to loiter in the restrooms, concession area, ramps, etc.
- Fans/students are to sit on the side they enter. You will not be allowed to “roam” between the visitor and home sections.
- Fans/students are to adhere to all Marion School District and AAA Guidelines. Those choosing not to do so may be required to leave without a refund.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children from the event in a timely fashion. Beyond 30 minutes of the event concluding, any student who has not been picked up will have their student ID confiscated and denied access to future events.
- Backbacks will not be allowed in any athletic venue.
The district is also reminding fans that this Friday’s (Aug. 18) game against the Maumelle Hornets will be the AAA benefit game. Only AAA passes will be accepted for entry. School employee IDs, Patriot Passes, and red level Patriot Passes will NOT be accepted. Admission cost is $5.
Like last year, Marion will operate two concession stands during Friday night varsity football games throughout the season. The main concession stand is located behind the south end zone. The second stand will be operated out of the district’s food trailer, parked in the southwest corner of Southern Bancorp Stadium. The food trailer will be designated for use by students, while the main concession stand will be for adults. The menu will be the same at both concession stands.
“We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in helping make our athletic events a safe, enjoyable experience for all those attending, whether it’s the players, the parents, the students, or the fans in the community,” Harrell said. “We are looking forward to a great year of Marion athletics, and we look forward to seeing our fans in the stands. Go Pats!”